Furniture Cleaning Tips to Clean and Upkeep Your Upholstery
When your furniture is new it looks good. Over time, thanks to kids, pets and general usage, it starts looking older and worn. If you invest some time and effort, you can maintain your furniture and keep it clean. This extends the furniture’s life as well. It is also a good idea to get professional steam cleaning when required. Here are some furniture cleaning tips for you for it to look clean and smell fresh so you can enjoy it more.
Keep It Clean
• Use a vacuum cleaner on upholstered furniture regularly. Don’t forget to do the seams, cracks and crevices where dirt and debris can collect without your knowledge.
• Plump up cushions between your hands and keep changing the placing so that the sofa or sitting areas don’t develop spots and the cushions, too, are evenly used.
• Unless cushion covers are machine washable, avoid machine washing as this can cause faster wear and tear as also fading, shrinking and pilling.
• Avoid direct sunlight on your furniture as this can fade the upholstery and even crack leather or synthetic materials.
• Don’t put highly colored items on the furniture including newspapers and magazines that can cause ink transfer and stain your furniture.
• For the same reason be careful when you use colored blankets and throws in colors that have a tendency to bleed even when dry.
• Wood furniture can be cleaned with light spray or other polish after dust is wiped off with a dry cloth. Avoid using a damp cloth to clean the furniture. Only wood furniture with a waterproof painted finish can be cleaned with a damp clo
Spot Removal Tips
No matter how careful you are, there are times when you will have accidents with the furniture. Some useful spot removal furniture cleaning tips:
• Wet stains should be immediately blotted with a clean white cloth. Don’t wipe as this will spread the stain.
• A professional spot removal used quickly will remove the stain before it sets. Do test it on an inconspicuous spot first.
• If a hard substance falls then remove or scrape off with a spoon.
• When you need to wipe stains or spots, work from outside towards the center. Spray, let the spray penetrate the material, and then wipe towards the center. Repeat as required till the stain has gone.
• Place absorbent cloth over the stain to absorb any moisture.
For Professional Cleaning, Call The Professionals
You already know that Steambrite Cleaning Services can clean your carpets. We also clean furniture. Furniture is expensive and if you expect it to be long lasting, it needs to be well maintained. We have the expertise to deal with all kinds of furniture with the right cleaning products.
Our technicians start by checking the furniture to see the right way to clean your furniture. We use our own formulae of various furniture cleaning agents to safely clean the furniture, dealing with any stains or problem areas with our expert experience. It is done in such a way that the upholstery, no matter what the material, does not get damaged. Our cleaning process will remove dirt and debris and help improve your indoor air quality as well since cleaning gets rid of dust mites and spores.
Protect Your Furniture Further
To maintain the cleanliness and to protect against stains we often recommend a spray protector on the material to improve resistance to soil, liquid stains and even normal wear and tear. We can also deodorize the furniture after cleaning to give it a fresh smell. When you follow furniture cleaning tips, you extend the life of your furniture and keep it looking good longer.
Call Steambrite Cleaning Services For 5 Star Customer Service
When you call Steambrite Cleaning Services, you are assured of great customer service at a great price with a deep clean. Your home will smell better and your air quality will be improved. Call us today for a no surprises with our cleaning services. We always give a detailed quote so you never have to worry about unanticipated add-ons when you get your bill. Our IICRC certified technicians are ready to help with all your steam cleaning needs including carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning and for business owners, commercial cleaning. Follow our furniture cleaning tips for general maintenance and call us for 5 Star service from a company you can trust for regular deep cleanings.