Maintaining Your Home for Allergy Relief
People with allergies can have issues with a number of allergens. There are common culprits such as pollen, dust, pet dander, mold, mildew, and different detergents or cleaning products. If you live with a person that needs allergy relief it is important to take certain steps to be sure your home will not cause issues for your loved ones and guests. Allergens can be hiding in a number of places that you may never have imagined, here are some handy tips for maintaining a home that provides relief for your allergies.
- Minimizing Stuff
- Many people tend to accumulate things over the years, which is not good for allergy relief. Extra things laying around the house that are not used provide the extra surface area for dust, mold, and other allergens to collect on. If you have an allergy suffering family member, it’s best to limit how much “stuff” is laying around. Not only will there be fewer places for allergens to hide, but areas will be much easier to clean as well.
- Scheduled Regular Deep Cleanings
- Carpets, upholstery, curtains, corners, and closets should be deep cleaned regularly. You floors and bathrooms should have regular tile and grout cleaning to ensure they are allergen free. There is no way around it, your home is going to accumulate dust mold, and other allergens, no matter how well you continuously pick up after yourself. To get allergy relief for members of your home, all fabrics should be washed or shampooed once every six months. The same for the corners of the room, the mop boards, and the grout in a busy places, like a common bathroom, should be cleaned weekly. Mattress cleaning should also be professionally done at least once every year. If you have young children or pets in the home, you may want to adjust the cleaning schedule, for example, the upholstery cleaning and carpet cleaning should be done every three months and the mattress cleaning every six months.
- Cleaning Air Conditioners and Changing Filters
- Minimizing Stuff
- Many allergy sufferers forget to clean the things that are supposed to be providing them with fresh clean air. Cleaning out heating ducts and air conditioning units is absolutely vital to providing allergy relief to those in your home. Air filters also need to be changed on a regular basis, depending on the filter. One tip that comes in handy for that is to mark the day on a calendar or set an alarm and always have an extra filter handy so you are always ready to change it.
The Key to Allergy Relief Housekeeping is Simply Scheduling Regular Deep Cleanings
Housekeeping for allergy relief is actually pretty simple. Be sure that you stay on top of your day to day tasks, try not to collect things that are not being used, and schedule regular deep cleanings with a service provider in your area.
Call Steambright to Schedule You Deep Cleaning for Allergy Relief
Steambrite Cleaning Services is perfect for this job, their professionals are specially trained to leave you with a home for relief from allergies and coach you on how to keep it that way. Check out our website or give us a call for a free consultation on making your home allergy friendly today at (727) 940-5364.